Sunday, August 5, 2012

Always Take Antibiotics for Shrek Throat


This summer, one of my students called me to explain that she would not be able to make it to the last summer session class because she had "shrek throat". I asked her to repeat it because there was a slim chance that her diagnosis was something unknown to me. Once again, she repeated "shrek throat". She went on to say that the doctor "subscribed" antibiotics to treat her infection and that she would be fine in about 2 weeks.

I advised her that she would be excused from the session because strep throat is highly contagious. I also told her to continue to take the "subscriptions" and read plenty of magazines because the treatment process can be a BEAST. I think it's safe to assume that she loves animated films. Carry on...




No comments:

Post a Comment