Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hot off the Press: The New "N" Word!

There has been quite a bit of press about the "N" Word over the past few years. Some comedians have vowed never to use the word. Organizations like the NAACP have organized campaigns to abolish its use. Lately, whenever a public figure or entertainer utters the word, there is a huge public outcry followed by carefully worded apologies and contrition.

...but what really gulls me is when there is no public outcry when an Ignorantic drops the "N" bomb. Shouldn't we get an apology? Shouldn't there be a public statement read that shows remorse for the act. Now, I know what you are thinking, but I am not about to go there with this post. I am talking about the ignorantics' "N Word"....well, it's actually not a word, it is part of a word. It's a shortcut; a drop off; lazy speech; it kinda just hangs on the word...you all have heard it before, right? Here it is:
  • I have noth'n to say
  • Where are you go'n?
  • Oh, no she di'n!
  • I can't stand all this wait'n!
  • Are you com'n?
  • I'm just say'n
  • Stop complain'n
  • I'm fit'n to come to your house
  • She was driv'n her new car
  • I know she ain't tell'n all my business
  • What chu eat'n?
So, now that you have heard some of my "N" Words, feel free to comment and add more "N" words after reading this blog.

We must put an end to the use of the "N" words!

5 comments:

  1. I'm late for my meet'n.
    He's stand'n in my way and I can't see.
    Stop curry'n the food like that.
    We fly'n outta BWI. (that's a 2 for 1 or 2 fer 1) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow CVDM you have been lanced by the "N" Word too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deal with our young African American teenagers and the use of the "N" word is off the charts. The problem however did not begin with them, it's their parents. "He don't be kar'n bout nobody." I feel so bad about correcting them so it's no wonder the kids speak the way they do. All I can say is "We gotta keep pray'n"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeww! I'm an ingnorantic! After laughing at all those other posts.... Okay, be calm. Must. Try. Harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop play'n
    Why you trip'n
    Girl stop ly'n

    ReplyDelete