Monday, March 21, 2011

Forgive Ust Our Deps, As We Forgive Those Who Trespast Ust...

Folks, I have tried hard to keep Ignorantics out of the church but I think we all know that the church is where many Ignorantics seek shelter, refuge, peace...now, I know the Bible tells us to "come as you are" but does that mean all correct grammar to be damned? 

Yesterday in church, I could not let several Ignorantic-laden verses of the Lord's Prayer get past me. So, I ask: Who amongst us does not know the words to the Lord's prayer? Well, apparently, this woman did not:

..."Our Fava, who art in heaven, holla it be my name, they kingdom come, they will be done, on earf, as it is in heaven,  give ust this day our daily break, and forgive ust our deps, as we have forgiven those who trespast ust, and lead ust not into temptation, but deliver ust from evil, for wine is the kingdumb and the powered and the gloried, for eva and eva...Amens
Ok...so you had me at "deps"...and "wine is the kingdumb"...folks, now let me take a close look at this one...maybe she is an alcoholic and she is getting some of her AA recitations mixed up with the Lord's prayer? Maybe she wants to be delivered as she is confessing with her tongue? Maybe she wants God to know her heart? or just maybe, she is just an Ignorantic and this is how they say grace at her home and pray at her church.

The Bible says in Isaiah 55:6-7-Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

God, if you pardoned her for the way she recited the Lord's prayer, then please pardon me too for writing this.




1 comment:

  1. At least she was in the right place and already forgiven. LOLOLOL :)

    ReplyDelete