Monday, July 18, 2011

It Was a Typo! I Know How to Right!

During our daily routine, many of us check Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our emails. When we are reading, we can count on being treated to a few typos. It is inevitable.

Now, what are typos? I define a typo as a mistaken striking of the keypad that causes one to strike 1-2 keys  in error, and usually the correct key is in "close proximity" to the key hit in error. An essential element of committing these errors is that the person doing the typing knows the difference between the correct word and the typo. An example of a typo would be to type "gello" instead of "hello" or "bear" instead of "near". When discussing typos, the operative word is "close proximity". Close means the wrong key has to be at least 1-2 keys from the intended key strike. It seems rather elementary, right? Just stay with me...

The reason why this is important is because of a new category of Ignorantics, the Narcissistic Ignorantic. This Ignorantic will make up a word that sounds just like the correct word and mask it as a "typo". Moreover, when they are caught, called out, or perhaps ridiculed for their alleged "typo", their reply invariably will be "well you know what I meant"; "I think it is silly for you to point out my typos". Really?

So, I begin my trek through typo land...a world rout with deception, narcissism, and denial. Walk with me readers....There may be a few land mines, but rest assure that nothing can and will separate you from the truth or should I say ignorance.

Recently, on a listserve that I subscribe to, one of the members talked about "waste length hair" and in another post, the person mentioned that they needed to "Neill and pray". Now this is a listserve of college educated people, but I have been telling you all for the last year that many of the chronic Ignorantics are college educated people. Here is what happened...Had this person not had to write how they felt, they would have escaped undetected, but since they had to type their thoughts, the jig was up...they had finally been exposed as a Narcissistic Ignorantic.

Is there a cure? therapy? practice? peer counseling? anything? Unfortunately, the answer is a resounding "NO". Why you ask? Narcissistic Ignorantics think it's cute to be ignorant! It is like putting a positive spin or speaking incorrectly. They speak and write with no aforethought for what is correct, then they blame it on the person who brings it to their attention.

Believe or not, typos have become a new written language. I will continue to blog about typos, and I encourage my readers to email their stories. There is one typo-holic born every second, and it's up to us to expose them!

19 comments:

  1. Narcissistic Ignorantics! *faints* *revives self* *faints again*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG LMAO! Not Narcissistic Ignorantics! LOL

    Thank you for this laugh, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen I was crying while reading this... Just what I needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry...physically attractive & wrong don't make a very good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ROTFLMBO at you crazy Judith. You just "weight" till something jumps off LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..."marketers" can't get away with those blatant copy errors... ignorantic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO....I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am speechless...lol. You are a nut job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..."marketers" can't get away with copy errors like these... ignorantics indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, all I know (no) is that if you (u) have autofil (not sure that is a word-LOL)words on your (ur) mobile phone, u you better check it twice, because (bcuz) when (wen) I wasn't paying any attention, I sent the wrong name to a guy, not nice, I kinda lyked hem to, LOL. (my neice teaches me how to write bad, I constantly have to go back and change the correct word to some word idk what the hyale it is, this madness need to shop, I mean stop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this one.... my pet peeve is when someone writes I'm so GREATFUL......oh ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ignorantics use the "typo" excuse as a lifeline. It is just ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I just read this and I learned that I have always just chalked this up to bad spelling. However now I know it's more of a psychological issue for some narcissistic ignorantixs! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tears rolling down my face! This is one of my pet peeves along with grammatically incorrect phrases in songs. "Where you at" by J Hud and Beyonce's "Who run the world" are two of the latest examples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renita, I'm there with you on lyrical content that is incorrect. JHud got a shout-out from me in January 2011: http://ignorantics.blogspot.com/2011/01/jennifer-hudsons-new-single-where-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eye think that their our to many people who try two go hard inn there own defense without just cause. The wait of this issue is pressing weigh to hard on that person's shoulders. It is not that deep. If she is reading this I hope she allows this lesson to bloom like a flour in the garden of her mind. Your wright about her diagnosis. Next time I hope she takes tin minutes two think before she gets diarrhea of the key bored and tries too go off again. It's really knot a good look. Weight, Maybe I should spell and grammar check. nah I'll past.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous, that was absolutely hilarious! Are you a closet Narcissistic Ignorantic?

    ReplyDelete
  18. nope!!! lol I didn't mean to sign it anonymously either. I don't know what I did. I was tired. :0)

    ReplyDelete