Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Need More Medicine in My Glasses "Cause I Can't See Good"

Now, I know what you are about to say...Well, technically, medicine is a prescription and eyeglasses are medicine to correct or treat eyesight. I get it, but does it make it "correct"? Did you know that this phrase was used by older opticians a very long time ago as a way to explain how spectacles worked to under-educated people "that they put medicine in the glass to help you see". Some people took it a little too literally, because today, many of the older patients can be heard saying that they needed the optician to put more medicine in their glasses, cause the glasses chipped and it leaked out. I know, sad...

As for seeing "good"...well, you can't see good, but you can definitely see "better". Carry on...

1 comment:

  1. I hope that helps some of you too - it just put everything into perspective for me and made me realise what's important, and who I want to be.
    click here

    ReplyDelete