Monday, December 27, 2010

According to Mary J Blige, Tina Mari Passed Away Yesterday

On December 26, 2010, a music legend passed away...her name was
Mary Christine Brockert aka "Teena Marie". She is being referred to as the "Ivory Queen of Soul", a reference that I think is quite fitting for this talented artist/songwriter/musician. Teena Marie's music is timeless and her legacy will be unchallenged. I am one of the biggest Teena Marie fans on the planet. This is why I am blogging about the Ignorantic Tweeter pictured to the left, Mary J Blige.

Once the news of Teena Marie's death hit Twitter, immediately people began tweeting their condolences. Mary J Blige was among those people who wanted to express her sorrow upon the passing of Teena Marie:

Tina Mari inspired me vocally as a child. Her songs I sang in the mirror with a hair brush. I'm so hurt.

I'll love u forever Tina Mari. Portuguese Love, Casanova Brown, Square Biz, I need your lovin, all of your music

In my heart she's Tina, So rest in peace Tina, i love u. Every girl that grew up in the hood , with her (cont

Rest in peace Teena Mari. My Love love for u is forever.
Ok...earth to Mary J Blige...earth to Mary J. Blige..."Teena Marie" passed away NOT "Tina Mari" Moreover, nothing says Ignorantic more than repetition. Ignorantics are famous for repeating ignorantics in succession as if they are correct. It begs the question, if you are such a fan, why then don't you know the correct spelling of the artist's name. Well, apparently, Teena's fans did not take too kindly to these ignorantics either and began tweeting the following:

@MrPeteyWheat: Show ya love Marey Jay!! --> RT @maryjblige: I'll love u forever Tina Mari.

@Royal_Flyness: How do u feel about Teena Marie tho? -->RT @maryjblige: Tina Mari inspired me vocally as a child.

@LirisC : Last time we're gonna teach this class...its TEENA MARIE.....

@ElliottWilson: RT @maryjblige: Rest in peace Teena Mari. My Love love for u is forever. <-----(You Gettin' closer Mary!)

@Royal_Flyness: Almost Mary, almost ---> RT @maryjblige: Rest in peace Teena Mari. My Love love for u is forever.

@Royal_Flyness: Yea, she was MJB's friend --->RT @JasFly: Did 'Tina Marie' pass away yesterday as well? Cuz there's a lot of you expressing condolences for her

@aaaye_iTSKENDRA : Can we say "slaughtered?" RT @maryjblige: In my heart she's Tina, So rest in peace Tina, i love u.

@RBinJZ : Teena Marie, sheesh! #becarefulwhospeaksforyou --->RT @maryjblige Tina Mari inspired me vocally as a child. Her songs I sang in the mirror...

@jaybendy: SPELL the womans name right Mary!!! ---->RT @maryjblige: Rest in peace Teena Mari. My Love love for u is forever.

@Rojjy: You fail 3 times @maryjblige *hangs head in shame*


@MusicSoulRebel: I love @Nelly_Mo & @Maryjblige but why are celebrities calling @MsTeenaMarie...Tina Marie???? I thought yall knew her

@poeticjoia : @maryjblige it's spelled Teena Marie

@JayZNation: How many times is @maryjblige gonna misspell Teena Marie's name? We're on misspelling 4 now.

@K_Mapp: Teena Marie died too. ---->RT @maryjblige: Tina Mari inspired me vocally
So, what is the lesson learned here? Before you write a condolence note or message, please take the time to learn the correct spelling of the person's name. It is a bit disingenuous to claim to love and adore someone's work and you spell that person's name incorrectly not once, not twice, but three times! It was such as flagrant oversight or gaffe, Rolling Stones Magazine printed it unedited: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mary-j-blige-alicia-keys-pay-tribute-to-teena-marie-20101227

The second lesson, and this is the most important one...all Ignorantics should avoid Twitter like the plague! There are no editing mechanisms on Twitter; no spellcheck, no grammar check...just a perfect opportunity to join huge vacuum of free unrelenting thought, ignorance, and plenty of space and room for virtual breeding with fellow ignorantics. I have attempted to put up a firewall on Twitter by opening up a Twitter account, but I cannot compete with ignorantic trending on Twitter that is far too vast and more powerful than I had ever imagined.

So, I am asking all of my Twitter followers and Ignorantics readers to start throwing virtual blocks and elbows at Twittering Ignorantics and put them in check like the Tweeters quoted above. Your not hurting them; you are helping them.

3 comments:

  1. ...but have you ever really listened to what she did to "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"? Instead of "uninspired," she changed the meaning of the song by singing "inspired" instead. Goes downhill from there. Love ya, Mary! Read Ignorantics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and when you are an Ignorantic; it is never an uphill battle, it is a downhill battle! LOL!

    ReplyDelete