Monday, February 7, 2011

Child Ignorantics: My Son Has a Great "Rememory"!

Folks, we have to catch them while they are young...studies have shown (unscientific studies of course) that ignoranticism can be genetic. Given the fact that I am a reformed ignorantic, I am constantly looking for signs of ignorantics in my 6 year son.

Today, he dropped his first ignorantic. It was a level one ignorantic because (1) it was not a word; (2) it was the combination of two words with a similar meaning; and (3) he used it in a sentence in its proper context. Level one ignorantics are warnings of a succession of ignorantics to come. So, when my son said to me: "Mommy, I am searching my rememory for the password to my Nick Jr. Arcade". I quickly went into ignorantics intervention, paused, and quickly asked him to repeat what he said. He thought about it. He immediately repeated "rememory" and corrected himself by saying "Oops Mommy, I should have said "memory", I guess I was trying to remember my password stored in my memory banks!" LOL! Out of the mouths of babes! Early intervention is key folks!

1 comment: