Sunday, February 19, 2012

Whitney Elizabeth Houston (1963-2012): Did You Know Her Homecoming Services were on February 18, 2012?

On February 11, 2012, the world lost its "VOICE", Whitney Elizabeth Houston. She was my favorite recording artist, and I mourn her death. Yesterday, as I watched her incredibly beautiful service, I received an email from my girlfriend that exclaimed "This a beautiful Homecoming Service! Classic!"

Really? Homecoming? I beg to differ...what's classic is how her Homegoing Service suddenly turned into a Homecoming. Now, I know it was upbeat, full of music, some shouting and dancing but what I saw yesterday was a far cry from the Homecomings I am accustomed to attending. 

I guess I will have to give this Ignorantic a grief pass for the moment...

Click to read:  Homegoing Service Program


Rest in Peace Nippy...I hope you got a good laugh from this one! Charge it to her head not to her heart!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, some people do call funerals "homeCOMING" services as opposed to a "homeGOING" service. It is a problem that many folks have (coming vs. going). My understanding, which may not be correct, is that GO means movement away from a place, while COME means movement to the place. So while Whitney was GOING away from Earth, she was also COMING to Heaven (or wherever). We could possibly have celebrated either one, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and after all that time spent on CNN explaining the meaning of "Homegoing Service" to the world, it would appear that even in this Ignorantics' state of grief and confusion, she still may have been in the ballpark! [NOTE: Because the world watched the 3-Hour Coverage of Whitney Houston's Homegoing Service. I'm still resolute to call the use of "Homecoming" as it relates to Whitney an ignorantic]:-(

    ReplyDelete