Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memoriam Day!

Holidays and national days of commemoration are not off limits for the Ignorantic. So, this weekend when I was in Giant getting the Ribs for out cookout, I was treated to an Ignorantic phrase in Aisle 5.

This was an older Ignorantic who was having family over for a cookout, and she was shopping for the food. She was on her Bluetooth (something that annoys me to no end when you are in a store shopping), and she said to the other person on the phone "I am in the Giant picking up some last minute things for our Memoriam Day cookout". I could tell from the look on her face that the person listening corrected her; to which she responded "whateva".

A special thank you to that caller. You believe in intervention. You care. Thank you for trying. Baby steps...baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment