Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Most Ignorantic Name I Have Ever Heard Thus Far...Drum Roll Please!

Today, I heard the most ignorantic name that I have ever heard in my life; so ignorant that it is truly criminal.

A young mother in Maryland actually named her baby daughter, "Abcd (pronounced Ab[ab]-sea[c]-dee[d]) Jones". I confirmed this by looking at a copy of the birth certificate. I did change the last name to protect the child of the Ignorantic mother (although this name is so ignorant, it can't be too hard to find the poor child)

The problems this child is going to have with this name over the years are endless...job resume issues, commencement exercise mispronunciations , attendance roll call, etc.

This is shameful. A...B...C....D....

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I kind of like that one, and I'm not kidding. Yours truly, Efgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked in head start whil living in Detroit, I had one named Abcde. ...but it was pronounced uh-be-suh-dee. When I told the center director that we had a new child to enroll with this cray cray name, she didn't even blink. She said in a previous year they has a Abc ...pronounced.uh-be-see. We have got to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terese...huh? OMG, different pronunciations of Abcd as a first name? Ok, I am truly speechless!

    ReplyDelete