Monday, January 24, 2011

Jennifer Hudson's New Single "Where You At?"


When an ignorantic songwriter/producer meets a talented artist, they produced singles like "Where You At?" I am ashamed to admit this, but I love this song (despite the fact that it was written and produced by R. Kelly)! It features the soulful, undeniable talent of Jennifer Hudson. I love everything about it, but what I don't like is that I know children will be singing this catchy grammatically incorrect chorus everywhere.


Growing up in a household where your mother is a public school teacher, you quickly learn that "where you at" is a grammatical "No! No!" Whenever anyone dared say "where you at?" around my mother, her response was "behind the preposition!"


I know that some of you are saying "C'mon...it is just a song!" Well, you are right, it is just a song performed by a popular artist who kids, adults, and ignorantics admire for her talent and her incredible journey. Can you picture Sasha and Malia Obama singing "Where You At?" around the White House?


Here's a Thought: Maybe JHud should release a follow-up remix to this single called "Where Are You? (Grammatical Remix)" featuring Lil Wayne. I'm just saying...


Jennifer Hudson Official Music Store: Official JHud Music Store
Go Here to Listen to the Single: YouTube Video of Single of "Where You At?"

No comments:

Post a Comment