Thursday, January 20, 2011

This Week We Celebrated "Marther" Luther King's Birthday!

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated on April 4, 1968. He is an important figure in history and was a transcendant leader in the Civil Rights Movement. Why are some of y'all trying to kill him again by butchering his name? That ain't cool....and just because you heard it doesn't make it right. Ignorantics, when we say "if history is forgotten, then it is doomed to repeat itself",we are not just talking in a metaphorical sense, we are also talking about Ignorantics who repeat ignorant things over and over again and remain unchecked. 
 
Twitter Tweets:
 
Brandon David Wilson
Tonight, I've learned that many of my students think MLK's first name is "Marther."
 
Garry Baratta
I have a dream - Marther Luther King Jr
 
Diana Caracalla
just like Marther Luther King Jr
 
nina haider
We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends ~ Marther Luther King
 
 
Then, hundreds of messages followed with quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that were attributed to Marther Luther King. One Tweeter added that her grandmother calls him "Marther Lutin King".

[Let us pause for a moment of silence AGAIN]

3 comments:

  1. I repeatedly hear "Dr. Martn' Looter King" or Doctor "Kang" from people.
    Makes me cringe each time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I repeatedly hear "Dr. Martn' Looter King" or Doctor "Kang" from people. Makes me cringe each time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just sent to me by one of my readers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFCVw2plbQ

    ReplyDelete